In the schools we are
teachers, paraprofessionals, secretaries, psychologists, librarians, counselors, nurses, social workers, learning consultants, speech therapists, and buildings and ground workers.
In the communities we are
parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, PTA members, tutors, scout leaders, coaches, advisors, volunteers, residents, taxpayers, friends, and neighbors.
Over 400 professionals
serving the Roxbury Township Public School District and community through their collective commitment to educational excellence in staff and pupil performance; determination to be caring, responsible, civic-minded adult role models for children; dedication to educating the “whole child”—emotionally, physically, socially, and academically; and participation in philanthropic activities, community and parent educational services.
Services provided by REA members
- Graduation / Prom / Dance Nights – Members support the efforts of the PTAs to provide a safe, fun, drug and alcohol free events for students by making monetary contributions, chaperoning, coordinating, and advertising these events.
- Professional Growth – Members regularly enroll in college courses and attend workshops and seminars to keep current with educational and technological advances.
- College Scholarships – Members support deserving graduates by contributing to a scholarship fund.
- Clothing / Food Drives – Members, district-wide, assist local families in need during the holidays and throughout the winter season by conducting these collections.
- Curriculum Development – Members serve on district committees to improve, update, and enrich curriculums after identifying needs and assessing current programs.
- Charitable Activities – Members participate is local charitable events that raise money for cancer research, district-wide efforts to send care packages to the soldiers overseas, and many others.